It's Me. The End.

Welcome to my bloggy blog. It's my new crush.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Shoppy time

Sorry about the non-post yesterday. I needed Monday to recover from all the shopping. I'm serious. I was like a gal on a mission. I was practically exercising. Urgh.

I got most of my shopping done in Tulsa. Also spent a LOT of time standing in check-out lines. So fun. And do you know how hard it is to find the correct size of anything in a bin when there's been about a billion hands rifling through it? Like nigh impossible. So pretty much the shopping experience became like a game of skill: digging digging digging...why are all these underpants size small?!...digging digging digging...oooh, a medium, getting closer...digging digging digging...crap, small again...certainly not everyone in here has a tiny booty...where's the effen big girl pants?...digging digging digging...ah hah! a large!...ugliest by god underpants on the planet, but dammit they are my size. SCORE.

And that basically sums up the day.

Later in the eve, mom and I went to my office Christmas party. And I am proud to say that our office (out of the 5 in our chain) was recognized for being number one and setting a sales record this year. Wow. My Wasting Time period has really paid off for the company. Must do more of that, I reckon. Heh.

Oh, and the food was delish. My chicken came with like a double scoop of garlic mashed potatoes, and anyone who knows me knows mashed potatoes are my weakness. I was like in carbohydrate heaven, ya'll. Ooooh, I just about peed myself right there. Ahhhh, how I do get excited about my taters, my friends.

After the party, mom and I went shopping some more because apparently torture is our game of choice. Went to Barnes & Noble, Babies R Us, and the Super Target. Picked up way too much crap for the new nephew coming tomorrow. Because that's how crazy aunties do. Or at least this one.

Then we watched a late movie. Which surprises me because mom likes to sleep in movie theatres. But perhaps paying $8 a ticket helped keep her eyes peeled for 2 1/2 hours. I dunno. We watched "The Holiday" and it was super good. I also cried, which is something *I* like to do in movie theatres.

Next day (after a nice long sleep in a sofa bed at the Embassy Suites), we went to Sam's Club and got more stuff. I picked out awesome presents for people, and then mom paid for them. We made a groovy team, man.

So now I'm all ready for the holiday. I do love me some Christmas, ya'll. The only thing to make it better is 80 degree weather and some sunshine.

Alrighty, my loyal blogheads, I'm gonna scoot. It's lunch and I sense a big mashed potato bowl in my future. Have you had those things from KFC? They are magnificient. It is like heaven with gravy on top. Yum.

More later...with hopefully some scrappy bits to share. Oh, and p.s. -- sofa beds are the devil.

Kisses!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not read a book since this summer, I have over 60 waiting to be read and am waiting for SOMEKIND of WONDERFUL stranger to send me some or the movie...speaking of which..Are you famous, yet and or do you need an agent? (kiss,kiss!)

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DO U KNOW HOW MANY CALORIES THOSE THINGS HAVE !!!!!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home