It's Me. The End.

Welcome to my bloggy blog. It's my new crush.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

And now, Something Exciting

First of all, I want to say that I am the most dedicated person ever on the planet. Out of the three employees who live 15 minutes out of town, I am the only one to show up for work today. The roads are covered in ice, and there is no such thing as a salt truck or road plow out in the country, so you can imagine the peril I put on my life this morning. But alas, I am here. Because I am the best darn person that ever lived. And if that doesn't deserve a raise or something in the form of a gift card, I don't know what will.

And now for the excitement:

A dude came into the office today asking about cruises. He was not an attractive dude; he actually looked a little bit on the space-cadet side. You know, as if he had his daily dose of weed and a beer bong for breakfast. But I digress. Anyhoo... I'm talking about cruises and giving him brochures to look at, when out of the flippin' blue he asked me if I was about 21 years old. Excuse me, wha...? What the freak does that have to do with buying a cruise, I ask you? And hell no, I'm not 21 and I'm not retarded enough to believe I actually look like I can be. What's this guy's trip?

So I tell him I am 32. And he flipped the ef out. "No way, are you a momma?!" Good god. Did the travel agency become some sort of chick pick-up joint and no one told me? I'm like thinking in my head, Here's your damn brochure, now get the hell out. Seriously. I was so bored of that whole situation as soon as he asked me my age. I was pretty much on travel-agent auto-pilot from that point on.

However, I did learn two very important things that I will pass on to you in case you may benefit from my newfound wisdom:

1) If you are going to go out picking up on the ladies, comb your effing hair.

2) And do not wear a sweat suit.

Amen.

So yes, my friends, that is what happens in my life when I yearn for something exciting. I get hit on by crackheads. Urgh.

But here is really good news: I get to leave work early today! Yep, apparently icy roads keeps customers from coming in the building. (Except for the crackhead, who was obviously high and didn't know any better.) Weeee!

I go now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Luck is luck!
take it like you recieve it!

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all know you just went to work to stay away from those kids

6:31 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

OK, first of all this is an old post...second of all, we know that you are jail bait so get on with the scrapping, already!!!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home