It's Me. The End.

Welcome to my bloggy blog. It's my new crush.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Mad Scrapper

It's official -- scrapping has taken over my life. Seriously. Here's proof:

For the past eight years, I've been a diehard, nonstop book reader. I've had a book in my hand everyday for several hours per day ... and nothing stood in my way. Not even driving, dammit, because I've discovered you really can do two things at once. (Okay, and before ya'll get on to me, I only do it on dirt roads, and not even all the time. Only like once every blue moon when I'm in the middle of a really juicy part and I can't decide what's more important -- finishing the book or getting home.)

Anyhoo ... I digress yet again. Back to my point.

(And I do have one.)

This whole month of September, I've been reading a book. One book. One measly 240 page book that would have normally taken me 4 days. Current status: page 169. Yep. It has taken me 27 days to read 169 pages. That's an average of 6 1/4 pages per day. Even an idiot can do that.

So, yeah, this scrappin' thing has taken over my usually placid life. After work, all I want to do is watch DVR and scrap. My husband is all What the hell?! My daughter is all Yeah, yeah, your layouts are fabulous...you're the Queen Scrapper...blah blah blah. But I get all giddy inside just thinking about it. I dream about designing layouts at night. Seriously, it took me like 45 minutes to fall asleep last night because I kept creating things in my brain. Good god. Someone help me.

However, on the plus side, check out the result of my mad scrappin' skills:

That one was made with my scraps. I love me some wavy lines, man. Also, that is my lesbian crush (er...good "friend"), Elsie Flannigan, being all up in the business of my sister. Hmmmm. I may be a wee jealous.

Next, is new kit stuff from The Scrapbook Site -- My Mind's Eye Bohemia line. Dig these:



I've got more layouts to come, but this is all I could eke out last night before my eyeballs rebelled on me. A girl's gotta sleep sometime ya know.

Also, I have some photos of the girls that I took this weekend in the Black-Eyed Susans. But I'll show them to you tomorrow. I think I'm going to get all cozy under my desk and take a nap instead.

Cheers!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you still doing 8x11 and can you tell me what you are using again for coverings for pages and book? i might go your way and do this for the family albums upcoming...if my buddy barb at ATD cant get me more free page covers. hehe!

~lepf

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liking those large letters...are they stencils or are you just that autistic that you can do it...LOL!

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home