It's Me. The End.

Welcome to my bloggy blog. It's my new crush.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Attack of the pre-teens

Oh my. What have I gotten myself into?

It started out with a little pep talk with my daughter. How she needed to concentrate on maintaining her friendships with her pals at school; you know, boring stuff like that.

So since school started a month ago, we have had:

2 sleepovers on weekends
1 sleepover on a school night (which was last night -- I have no idea how I got finagled into agreeing to that. I think Autumn must've gave me the voodoo eyes or something.)
1 friend coming over to hangout (this evening, which I don't usually agree to because that means I have to take the girl home, and we live 15 miles from town, and it severely cuts into my lounging time, and I'm a big whiny baby, and...)
1 new boyfriend (which came about last night at the volleyball game, which was actually kind of cute because we were leaving and he walked Autumn to the car and opened the door for her. I'm thinking, excuse me, why aren't you like at least in your 20s and married to ME?!)

Anyhoo, to make a long story short, I'm swimming in a sea of children. You know, when I had that chat with Autumn, I really didn't expect her to listen to me. Damn. I should watch that from now on.

Alrighty, blogheads, I'm gonna scoot. I have to go home and entertain some 12-year-olds. Which basically means I will ignore them and watch Dancing With the Stars all night. But whatev.

Laters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home