It's Me. The End.

Welcome to my bloggy blog. It's my new crush.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A Soiree to Remember

Since having three days recuperation and distance from the party of the year, I can honestly say now that it wasn't too bad. But if you would have asked me last Saturday how I was doing ... well, I just might've bit your hand off or something.

I don't do well with a house full of people. Little teenage people, that is.

My OCD was kickin' in big time. I swear, I'm no fun. Trailing behind the kids, picking up after them as they drop chip crumbs on the floor. It is hard to sit down and behave when all I can think about is how dirty things are getting. But then I took a pill and all was right with the world.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Okay, here are some pictures for you to enjoy. First off is Paige and all her friends. Yes, she had 5 freakin' girls stay the night. It was only supposed to be 4 girls, but Paige manipulated the crap out of us like only a 14-year-old girl can do. She's good.

I don't remember being this cute when I was 14. But certainly I was?

Anyhoo... Off to the bowling alley. There was a ton of kids there. Even some 7th graders who somehow finagled themselves a piece of cake despite not being invited. Tricky.

Here is a photo of Paige and me. All I can say about this photo is mwahhahahahahaha ... I'm still taller. Heh.

Interesting tidbit about the photo above: I cropped it specially to make myself look good. For some reason, I was standing all twisty and I looked a little deformed on the bottom. So, I'm pretty sure that's why God invented photo-editing software. He rocks.

And the last picture is from Saturday morning. Jerry had the bright idea to do this:

What the frickety frack flippin freak was he thinking? Me no likey. I'm starting to hyperventilate ... hold on ...

So, basically there was lots of hosing down in the backyard after this pic. But then ... and I about throw up when I say this ... the girls wanted to get the rest of the mud off in my big, gigantic fit-for-a-princess tub. Wha....?! That's my prime reading spot! How dare you ask to defile that which is precious to me?!

Ger.

However, I have this "cool mom" reputation to live up to, so of course I'm all smiley and chirpy and like "by all means, please do" but inside I was dying. Dying, I tell you!

Hmmmpf. Well, that's all over with now. And looking back, it was a pretty darn good time. The girls had fun and Paige had a birthday to remember -- which was really the point. (I know, I know, it's not all about me. I get it.)

Now I've just got to psyche myself up again for next month. I have a feeling Autumn's birthday party may put me over the edge. We shall see.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have to catch up on your posts! what fun.
did i tell you that i am applying to scrap company closeby...i will keep you posted. i am excited; want to work part time though.

and it must be that 'growth hormone' in milk to make these girls look like they are 20 when they are still 14....that and teh half shirts. ha!

~lepf

5:02 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Boy, Dem are some healthy little girls!

What was the little pill that enabled you to 2destress and are they legal or purchased from a non licenced pharmacy...LOL!)
I cannot believe you let them defile the sacred reading place...

I am still picking up fruit in the grassy areas of my yard...The little boogers played bobbing for apples but didn't eat them...Tangerines in the bushes...sigh parties are such fun.

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool mom = no respect.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello how era you?I`m esteban you girls are so beautiful I wish you well just because you`re beautiful when I think of the girls like you I feel sad couse I never had girlfriend i`m from south America que tal muchachas?do you wanna know bad words in Spanish ?wanna know you i`m a good friend tell me what kind of things do you like? Answer me: tnf32@hotmail.com

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home