It's Me. The End.

Welcome to my bloggy blog. It's my new crush.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Vacay horray!

I am going to be MIA from the blog for the next few days cause I am going to take a little vacay. Nothing huge, mind you, but I do get to take off work tomorrow, so that in itself is pretty sweet.

Leaving this evening to take little sis up to Lawrence, Kansas. We are going to stay the night in a hotel, and then get up super early tomorrow to tour the KU campus. And by "super early" I quite clearly mean 8 a.m. -- which is practically the middle of the effing night! Gah. However, since it is vacay, I miraculously am able to pull off this tricky time maneuver. Not pleasantly of course. But do-able.

But have me get up at 8 a.m. on a work day, and, well ... good luck to you and your well-intentions. I may up and bite you. Or kick you in a delicate area. Either way.

Yes, yes. Katy is going to be a senior in high school next year, and therefore needs a heads-up on college campuses. She is so pathetically ambitious, it kills me. Why can't she just get pregnant at 18 and get a degree in "secretary" like I did? Apparently, going to medical school has much better odds. And it makes you more money.

But I am so super proud of her for making good choices! She's so smart and beautiful and passionate about school and her future. I practically pee my pants just thinking about how much money she'll let me borrow. (And by this I mean take and never give back. Obviously.)

So then after the grand tour, Autumn and I are going with Brad and his kids to Branson. I am super excited because we've never done an overnight trip before. And we even get to sleep in Brad's parents' boat house, which should be a neat little adventure, I think. Not sure of the exact sleeping arrangements, though, but as long as no one pees the bed or wakes me up before noon, I'm in good shape.

Hopefully ya'll will miss me a li'l bit while I'm gone. I'm expecting lots of comments, so get your typing fingers ready. Otherwise, there will be some hiiii-YAs to the neck in store for you.

Just saying.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I am so jealous!!! I need T shirts for sleeping in from EVERYWHERE you go! Send me a bill by Paypal and I cn send you some money! XXL and the school logo! Serious!
Don't spare the expense, 'cept if you go over $50.00 I will act like I don't know you!Gina

1:46 PM  
Blogger Mom of 3 Boys said...

hope you have fun looking at schools. you can trick everyone and say you are 18 ;)
have fun on the boat too...i want know the sleeping arrangements!!

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home