It's Me. The End.

Welcome to my bloggy blog. It's my new crush.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Ahhh, it's Monday

Good morning, beautiful peoples! Hope ya'll's weekends were awesome, and that you are all raring to go for another fun-filled week of blogging. I know I am.

Stuff I did:

FRIDAY

As mentioned earlier, I went to a bluegrass concert. Now don't ya'll go gettin' jealous on me -- it wasn't like I had fun or anything. I am not a fan of the bluegrass, but it was required by my family that I should go. My nephew is in a "famous" bluegrass band out in Virginia called Nothin' Fancy, and his girlfriend is also in a "famous" bluegrass band who just so happened to be playing in town. And since family from all over was coming down to listen, somehow I got finagled into coming along.

However, all was not lost. Turns out, this concert was a hoot! There were two bands playing, and the band that was not my nephew's girlfriend's band (must make that clear) just plain cracked me up. I don't think it was meant to be funny, but it was so totally downright hilarious. Here's why:

If you've ever wanted to see bluegrass-style headbanging while playing that big ass stand-up bass, this show was for you. Seriously, the dude was all makey outey will that dang instrument and his head was a-bobbin' around like a rooster in a henhouse. (No joke -- picture a rooster in a henhouse and that's it in a nutshell.) And I swear, if synchronized toe-tapping was an Olympic sport, they'd take gold, silver and bronze.

Ah. Good times.

SATURDAY

Not much going on this day. Watched some DVR (Project Runway sooooo rawks!), did a little reading, took a nappie, scrapbooked with my daughter the prodigy, and went grocery shopping. Weeee!

By the way, grocery shopping on an empty stomach is so not a good idea. The Little Debbie Cake rep was stocking her shelf with these new coconut creme thingys and I was all oooooooooo, what's this?! Took one off her hot little hands, but Jerry tried to put it back on the shelf, and then I might've bit his hand a tiny bit. Not 100% sure, though, as I was daydreaming about a little nakey roll-around in a bed full of Little Debbies.

SUNDAY

Off to mommy's for a cookout. So delish. (And free!)

Later, took a nap, watched more DVR, and scrapbooked a li'l. In short, a darn good day.

Now it is back to work as usual. What a way to ruin a perfectly good weekend, right? Must do something about that horrible injustice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home